The Story Of Us

Thursday, September 22, 2011

preschool was a no go

After much deliberation and prayer, we've decided to pull Presley out of preschool. I kinda feel like we are giving up but then again we gave it a month. And she still rips my heart out every time, begging me to not go or for her to go home with me. This morning she didn't even want to get into the car. It's hard when I already have to leave her 3 nights out of the week to go to work. (and it doesn't help when I see really sick kids at work and constantly think about that when I'm not with her!) Maybe she'll be the 10 year old who is still clingy, who knows. But right now, she's only 2. We still have time to do school later. We only really did 2 year old preschool for her to get some interaction with kids her age, because we don't have a playgroup or friends that we see on a regular basis. I know that Presley eventually does calm down and have fun for the day, but I'm still left reeling emotionally from the awful separation that occurs each day. And let's be real, preschool ain't cheap! So I was basically paying to have my heart ripped out! I know that's a little dramatic, but that's what it feels like! Sorry, I know that was a mess to read but it all just blurted out of me.

Anyway, on to funner stuff! We went to Atlanta this past weekend for a quick mini vacay so that's what the next post will be about.

0 comments: