The Story Of Us

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

the day before

***We’re going to pretend that this is Monday, November 5th, ok?!!!***

IMG_1435         my last belly pic :(

  • How far along?  36 weeks and 6 days
  • Total weight gain:  40 lbs…the last 6 lbs were put on in a week due to fluid gain! yikes!
  • Maternity clothes? everything that I wear!
  • Stretch marks? none
  • Sleep: eh…
  • Best moment this week: my doctors appointment (which I will elaborate on below)
  • Miss Anything? being able to do anything without getting out of breath
  • Movement: all of the time, more so at night. and sweet girl has daily hiccups
  • Food cravings: still chicken strips from Whataburger
  • Food aversions: none
  • Gender: GIRL! :)
  • Labor Signs: contractions everyday
  • Belly Button in or out? in
  • Wedding rings on or off? off. I’m wearing my Target cheap-o band.
IMG_1440IMG_1438

random views of the bump for the last time

IMG_1421

My last night of work was Halloween night and it was CRAZY busy. About 4 or 5 am I started feeling really bad. I had a horrible headache, was dizzy and just felt like crap. So I took my blood pressure and it was 160s/100s. and I took it multiple times. My coworkers tried to get me to go down to triage, but I had too much work to do still, so I just tried to sit as much as possible and chug water. I had my 36 week OB appointment later that morning so I knew that I would be checked out soon.

My BP was still extremely high and I had “cankles” up to my knees! Dr. D sent me to triage to be monitored for a few hours and if my BP didn’t come down, we were having a baby THAT day!!!! EEEEEEEK! I was so nervous! After working for 3 nights in a row and being sweaty and stinky, the last thing I wanted to do was labor a baby! Thankfully, my BP did come down after some rest and fluids. But Dr. D wanted me to come back on Monday night to  be induced!!!

0 comments: