The Story Of Us

Friday, January 8, 2010

shots, speech and soap suds

Presley had her 6 month checkup, although really she was 6 months and 3 weeks! She weighed 15 lbs and 3 oz on their scales (which I think are a little different than the normal scale I have her weighed on). Anyway Dr. P said she looked great. She is doing all of the things that "normal" 6 mo olds are doing (rolling over, sitting up, putting everything in her mouth) AND some things that "normal" 6 mo olds are NOT doing (recognizing her name, having stranger anxiety)! Poor Presley had to get her regular 3 shots and the flu shot...bringing her total to being poked FOUR times! She did ok with them though.

We also had our last speech therapy appointment! Yay! We were discharged today! Presley is doing so much better than when we started. She completely cups her tongue around the bottle nipple and sucks properly! The therapist also watched me feed Presley some cereal and she ate like a pro. The therapist asked was I comfortable where we were at now with Presley's eating and I told her I couldn't be happier (well, except if she would nurse better, but that's a whole other set of issues!). So, I'm glad to be done with going there. I know Presley is too!

And on our way home we stopped by the car wash because my car looked like we live in a desert. Every time I brushed past it getting Presley in and out, black junk would rub off on my coat! Gross! Presley had fallen asleep on the way there and I was afraid she would wake up scared of all the strange noises going on. NOPE! She slept through the entire thing! I find it quite humorous....she sleeps through what sounds like the apocalypse at the car wash, but yet as soon as I put the garage up and very quietly open the door to get her out, her little eyes bounce open and she gives me a huge smile!

0 comments: