The Story Of Us

Monday, January 18, 2010

Presley at Seven Months!

Only 5 more months before the big day....the day that Mommy cries and cries because her little baby becomes a toddler! Oh my goodness, Presley just gets more precious by the day, if that's even possible! She honestly astounds me day in and day out. =)

Presley is eating solid food twice a day now. She eats oatmeal and a fruit in the morning, usually around 10 am. Then eats oatmeal and a veggie for dinner around 6 pm. Sometimes I'll throw in a fruit then too, because Presley's not too keen on the greens and normally won't finish them! Of course Miss Priss has a sweet tooth like her Mommy and loves bananas, applesauce, pears, sweet potatoes and carrots. She'll tolerate green beans, but despises peas! Next up to try are mangoes, avocados, and peaches.

We are not crawling yet....but I'm ok with that! She stays in the general vicinity where I put her and I'm still liking that! Ha ha! She rolls over like a champ from her belly to her back and she will try to roll over from her back to her belly to reach a toy. But if it's too far, she says "forget that" and is quite content with whatever toy is closer to reach!! She got up on her knees once, for just a split second and I yelled "oh my gosh" to Jeremiah, and that scared her and she wouldn't do it again. And hasn't done it since! That's ok...I've learned to live life in Presley time and that she'll do everything when SHE wants too!

She navigates everything directly to her mouth. She has been pretty much doing that for a while, but now she can pick up her pacifier and plug up that mouth! Presley can blow great raspberries at you and she does the cutest thing where she scrunches up her face and blows through her nose! I'm sure you're thinking "that's cute?"! But I promise it is the funniest thing! I'm trying to catch it on camera, but she's like a deer in headlights when that thing comes out! She's also starting to blow out of her mouth like she's talking, so I'm sure babbling is next!

Presley has the greatest sense of humor and her laughter is just contagious. She and her Daddy laugh at each other constantly! It's so amazing to watch them together! I have the feeling that I'll be the disciplinarian!!

Being a goofy girl!


Here is a video I shot right after we took these pictures. It's from my camera and it's not that horrible of quality. So I think I'll shoot more from it!! ENJOY!

0 comments: