The Story Of Us

Friday, December 18, 2009

Presley at Six Months!

Half a year old! Can you believe it? Before we know it, June will be here and Presley will be turning one. I'll admit it makes me a little sad, but we have had such a great time watching her grow. She has definitely got her own little personality now! A funny, warm, loving personality! I can't wait to see her as an adult....I know she's going to be a phenomenal woman!

It seems like so much has changed in the past month.....except for Presley rolling over. She just won't do it! At first I thought that maybe she wasn't spending enough time on her belly. So we changed that and still nothing. I took away the wedge that she slept on, thinking maybe that made her stay in one position too much and still nothing! We even try to roll her ourselves on a blanket and you guessed it.....STILL nothing! I think that she just has no interest in it yet! But, Presley does sit up great by herself, except when she gets excited and pushes back and topples over!

We started solid foods yesterday! Yay! (I'll make a whole separate post on this later!) And I'm looking for a good sippy cup to start giving her.

We also moved Presley to the crib for the first time TONIGHT! (Again, I'll post more later!) Keep your fingers crossed that it will go well and she'll last the whole night in her big bed! She was a really good sleeper at night in her bassinette and I hope that doesn't change now. She normally goes to sleep between 9 and 10 pm and sleeps until 8 am. But, don't get too jealous yet...Presley is a cat napper during the day. Which means that she only sleeps about 20 min at a time a few times a day. This equals Mommy not being able to get anything done during the day! Not fun! But that's the trade off - good sleeper at night OR good napper during the day!

Presley has started doing these new precious things in the past month. She will reach out for you when you try to pick her up. And she buries her head in your chest/neck when you do pick her up...it's like she is hugging you! It is so sweet! I will miss these sweet moments when they are gone.

And finally, here are some adorable pictures for your enjoyment!

2 comments:

Ange said...

Yay Presley! My little girl turns 6 months old today....it goes so fast!!

Anonymous said...

I love the 1st one, she looks like a little Vanna White!!

love ya, mom