The Story Of Us

Sunday, December 27, 2009

We extended Christmas!

I was going to title this post "Santa came a day late". But I'm trying to be optimistic here, so it was changed. It just really hasn't felt like the joyous time of year it's supposed to be. Don't get me wrong...I know that Christmas is NOT about gifts, decorations and food. But it is about family and loving and togetherness. Not to mention the REAL reason for CHRISTmas....the birth of our Savior!

But even with me knowing all of that I can't help but be somewhat sad. My dad and brother were not able to be with us this Christmas and it felt like a huge empty void was there all day. Christmas Eve was my third night working, so I was exhausted on Christmas day and slept WAY too long....until 5 pm. I had wanted to get up earlier so I could help cook and get ready for everything. So since I slept too much, that pushed back eating and opening presents at my parents' house, THUS making it too late to come back home and do presents at our house and see what Santa left for Presley. Oh, not to mention that Presley was getting sick. She had a fever, was really fussy and wouldn't eat. I just felt like crying on Christmas night...so I did! I know that Presley won't remember any of this or even care....but I do and I just wanted it to be special.

So, Santa DID come a day late and drop of presents for Presley. We stayed dressed in PJ's to open our gifts, because that's what we would have done on Christmas. She loved all of her gifts, but the seahorse was her favorite. And she had a blast at bath time tonight with her new things!

Here is what Santa left for Presley
In case you can't see what it all is:
exersaucer, duck bath tub, bath toys, musical seahorse,
books, flower pacifier clip, and clothes.


0 comments: