The Story Of Us

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

details, details...

Since I have gotten many requests on the mommy message board I go to, I am posting about how I created the letters for Presley's name and the bird artwork.

NAME- I got 6 in. wooden circles from Walmart, back in their craft section. Each one was around $1, I think. I painted them light pink. Then I just printed out the letters from word on my computer, cut them out and traced them onto the wood. (You have to resize them to something crazy like 400-ish to make them big enough!) Then painted the actual letter white.

I hot glued the ribbon to the back to hang them. I also put some hot glue on the bow to keep it from pulling out when I hung the letter up. The flower is just cut from foam and hot glued to the top of the nail, after we hung them to cover it up.

ARTWORK- I bought some blank canvases, also from Walmart's craft section. Then painted them which ever color I wanted. The birds are cut from scrapbook paper which I found at Michael's. I used spray adhesive to attach them to the canvases. Then I just added all the details with some puff paint and that's it!

Hope this helps everyone! I was so excited to have all of Presley's artwork be completely custom from her Mommy and Nana! They were all made out of LOVE!

3 comments:

Beth Shaw said...

thanks for the details! I've showed your nursery to some friends and they love it too!

Ashley said...

Thanks so much! I loved creating it for her!

karisa said...

thanks for sharing!! i'm attempting to do my own birdy artwork as well and think i will incorporate some of your ideas.