The Story Of Us

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Presley at Eight Months!

mWell, yet again I can't believe I'm posting another month that Presley has flown into!

Since little Miss has had issues from the beginning...I'm learning to take her eating habits a lot lightly. Some days she just does NOT want to eat any solid food and no matter how hard I try and make it appealing, she just doesn't want it! So I'm slowly coming to terms with that. Other days she doesn't want a bottle OR solid food. Those are the days I stay in prayer longer!! Ha ha! I just hope this doesn't translate into a stubborn will later!

But on good days, Presley takes four 5 oz bottles and a 6 oz bedtime bottle. She eats cereal in the morning and a veggie and fruit for dinner. I've been hesitant to start a lunch feeding because I don't want her to stop drinking her bottles. Dr. P, our pediatrician said that at this age, the minimum formula intake is 24 oz/day. The only way I can make Presley drink that much is if I keep her on a pretty strict eating schedule. And I'm just not sure where lunch would fit it! She does eat a snack around that time, so maybe I should just do a veggie then instead. For snacks she loves puffs, crackers, and baby rice cakes. She's not to keen on the yogurt melts that we've tried....although in her defense, they do taste kinda funky!

In the mobility department....we are moving upward! Well, not literally! Presley is rolling now from her back to her belly! A feat just accomplished in the last 3 days! So now she's rolling all over the place. I think she kinda likes her new found freedom! Now only if we could get the crawling thing down...

I think Presley's going to be a talker...I mean how could she not? Have you met her mother?! She is babbling up a storm and saying "da da". It is so precious to hear her say it! We've been saying "ba ba" and"ma ma" to her so she'll mimic it, but she still prefers so say "da da"! =)

Presley with a slice of apple. She really liked it! We let her try different table foods sometimes. She must have a really sensitive gag reflex, because she gnawed a piece off and then gagged on it and ended up throwing up! Poor thing! It didn't bother her though!


And here is a good example of Presley's rolling over skills!
She was on the blanket and ended up in our room! Ha ha!


1 comments:

Ange said...

Happy 8 Months Presley!! I feel your frustration with trying to balance milk & solids...it's so tough to get them to focus on drinking!