The Story Of Us

Saturday, April 10, 2010

my apologies

for being the worst blogger ever! It's not that a TON of things haven't been happening...it's that a don't have a ton of time to write about them. I do this blog for a few reasons, but the most important one is so that I can look back years from now and relive these moments. Well, one can't do that if it's not written down! So, here is a recap of the last few weeks.

WE HAVE A CRAWLER! Presley started crawling "for real" last week. She will still sometimes army crawl if she needs to get somewhere fast. But for the most part she crawls like a big girl. This happened when, of course, Presley was at Nana's house, away from Mommy and Daddy. I cried that I didn't get to see it first. But that's what happens to a working mother...you can't be there for every moment. And it just about kills me. every. single. time.

STANDING UP! Presley will try and pull up on everything in the house. Which is cute in theory, but when your house is a baby death trap, it makes Mommy gasp and hold her breath virtually all of the time. (Ok, so I'm being a tad dramatic, but our living room is awful. We have 2 "pretty" shelves that need to be babyfied and our coffee table is deathly!!) Presley will also stand on her own for a few seconds at a time. And she loves to walk with you if you hold her hands!

TOOTHIES! Presley is cutting a tooth and let me tell you it is not fun! She is just a little more fussy during the daytime, but she's been waking up a lot at night. Tylenol and Orajel have become Presley's new BFF's! I hate to see her go through this because I've had my fair share of toothaches and they hurt! I can't even imagine having a tooth break through gums. Ouch! I think we get teeth when we are little so we won't remember it!

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Can't believe she's already standing! What a big girl!
And I totally don't envy you---I'd like to keep walking at bay for as long as possible ;)