The Story Of Us

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my Birthday day!

Well, I am officially closer to 30 than I am 20. I don't really feel any older, but the "smile lines", we'll call them, on my face say something different! Ha ha! I had an absolute blast of a day. It started when my sweet friend Karri brought me donuts from Milton Bakery. Mmmmmm! If you haven't ever had them, you are missing out my friends! After our delicious breakfast, Presley and I went to my Mom's house for the day! Then we went to dinner at La Hacienda....one of the BEST restaurants in town. I didn't want an expensive cake so I just decided to make a homemade funfetti cake. I totally didn't mind because I love baking and eating the batter is the best part! But my Mom surprised me with Oh Snap cupcakes! YUM! So I have a whole cake sitting on my counter now begging to be eaten! ;)

I gave myself a present this year...I took a vacation day for tonight. So all I have to work is tomorrow and Thursday night. Hey, a 2 day work week ain't bad! I also got some of the most awesome presents....Twilight, Eclipse, & SATC 2 on blu-ray! An itunes gift card! My lens! and of course my camera!!!! Thank you all so much for the gifts, thoughtfulness, and wonderful company on my birthday! I feel very loved and blessed!

My cupcake has a Christmas tree on top! I always hated that my birthday was so close to Christmas growing up. It's been just recently that I have embraced it and actually come to love it. Oddly enough it was when I was decorating the tree this year that I realized how lucky I am to have my birthday so close to Jesus's! =)

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Yum Milton Bakery! Yum Oh snap cupcakes!

Your mom said that there was no way her child was making her own birthday cake! :)