The Story Of Us

Monday, December 27, 2010

way too quiet

Presley went to Mississippi with my parents today. :( They went to have Christmas with my family on my mom's side. They'll only be gone until Wednesday, so it's a quick trip. But I already miss her like crazy. Of course, I cried over there when I dropped her off and I cried on the way home. I couldn't help it. My mind springs to all bad things that could happen while they're gone.....one of the perks of being a Pediatric ICU nurse and seeing children be hurt from all sorts of crazy things. :( But I have prayed SO much within the last week and I trust that God will take care of all of them. I work for the next 3 nights, so my mind should stay pretty busy. Hopefully!

I came home and decided to take down the Christmas tree. I wasn't being a bah humbug.....I just decided to do it while my little helper was out of the house! Actually I took down all the decorations and the house sure does seem empty and quiet now. It's weird not tripping over toys and hearing "ma ma" every 10 seconds. I never imagined I would miss her this much! I am rethinking taking an anniversary trip with Jeremiah in the summer! ;)

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Enjoy your quiet time. I'd be going crazy too,but try and enjoy!