The Story Of Us

Monday, January 24, 2011

19 months!

Presley at 19 months. Where do I even begin? It seems like this month she has grown leaps and bounds and definitely had a language explosion! I am desperately hoping that with this better communication comes a better behaved toddler! Ha ha! I can hear all of you laughing at me as I type this. Just let me dream please!

Ok, on to the THE PRESLEY LIST...
~in addition to main body parts, she can now find eyebrows, eyelashes, knee, elbow, chin, & neck
~this girl sings all. the. time. what's even cuter is that she'll go in the middle of the floor and sway in circles and sing! it just melts my heart! :)
~can wink now! although it mainly consists of scrunching up her nose and closing her eyes a little bit, it's still cute!
~if we have a drink with a straw, that's what Presley has to have too. she still drinks out of a sippy cup but only if no straw is in sight!
~if you are playing with her, say tickling her and she wants you to stop, she starts shaking her head and says "all done"
~Presley says a ton of new things since last month, but these are a few of my favorites. "owaa' for owl, "jush" for juice, "thao" for thank you (don't ask why this changed...she used to say it more clearly), "baaw" for bow, & "paba" for pasta.

Most days Presley is a good eater and some days it's like she doesn't eat anything! 99% of the time she refuses veggies. & when I say refuse I mean 'does anything necessary to not swallow them'. Like spitting them out at me if I try to hid them in applesauce. Hey, it used to work! Well, I still refuse to be outsmarted by a toddler! HA! So I bought some fruity V8 juice and started giving that at snack time instead of just apple juice. Score 1 for mommy! Because she totally sucks it down! (I can't claim the V8 idea as mine, Karri thought of it!) I'm sure that most nutritionists would frown upon giving your kid a sugary drink as a substitute for vegetables, but you know what? These toddler years are tough, and you do what you gotta do!

Everything else is pretty much still the same...sleeping, napping, clothing size, etc. I'm starting to toy around with the idea of moving Presley into a big girl bed. I'm just not sure I can handle her being un-caged just yet! & the age-old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind! =)

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Oh the big kid bed! Say it isn't so! I'm not ready yet....