The Story Of Us

Thursday, August 25, 2011

26 and 1/4 of a month old


When do you stop doing the month updates on a toddler? Apparently at 2 years old if you're a slacker mommy blogger like me! Well, here we are at 26 months and 7 days old and you are getting a Presley month update. I think I'm going to only do them sporadically because it's hard to keep up with things every 4 weeks!

She is the bossiest little thing I've ever seen. She has started telling things (and people) to "hush"! If she wants to talk to someone that I'm talking to, she'll just look at me and say "Mommy hush, I talk to Daddy." Or she'll just randomly be walking through the house and say "hush baby" to one of her dolls. It's hard not to let her see that it's funny, because Lord knows I don't need her going in public telling some stranger to hush...that wouldn't be funny!

And the sweet side of her says "I wub we Mommy" (I love you!) and "thant chu Mommy" unprompted now. I just love it! It's like she such a little person now, well, I mean she always has been but it's more noticeable now that she can have a understandable conversation with you. We're still working on please though.

Presley LOVES my phone. In fact she calls it her phone and treats it like the precious ring from Lord of the Rings. Meaning you have to pretty much pry it from her hands 'cause she's got a death grip on it! However that being said, I totally understand why she loves it. Elmo and Gabba Gabba instantly stream on it, books read themselves to her on it, and she learns colors, shapes and animal noises in other languages on it. What's not to love? But the downside is that Presley deletes photos, people and apps from it. So I'm trying to rein in her usage!

It's getting harder to get her to branch out and eat different things. I feel like we are getting stuck in the toddler diet of pb&j and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. At least she is still eating veggies most days. And her favorite foods for dinner are tacos, spaghetti and chicken salad. She eats veggies in the funniest way. She will only eat them while she's running around playing. So that means that you have to take the vegetable into the living room and sit down and make it a fun game...whatever works I guess!

Presley is super into coloring and playing with baby dolls right now. I bought an easel at Ikea that has a dry erase board on one side and a chalkboard on the other...that is a huge hit! She is also loving dressing and undressing herself. I don't remember Kole being interested in that this early. But Presley will take the clothes from your hands and pull them up as far as she can or put them over her head as much as possible and then say "I need help" for you to finish it. :)

It seems like life is moving at warp speed and shows no sign of ever slowing down. It makes me sad that she seems to have grown up over night...and I know it's only going to get worse. Someone hold me!


0 comments: