The Story Of Us

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

first day of "tool time"

Presley had a good first day of school! I had worked the night before, but I went to my mom's so I could get P ready and go with my mom to take her. I didn't want to miss her first morning! I took her picture with a sign stating what milestone it was. Because I love to do that...as evidenced by her first year of life! ;)

She was pretty excited to go and only whimpered when I had to put her down to sign her in. Then I went over to the toys and started showing her things and she got distracted. I just got up and went out the door. Then I thought "oh no I didn't tell her bye. She's going to think I abandoned her and I'm never coming back. She's going to be so distraught!" I wanted to go back in and hug her one more time and tell her bye. But my mom said that definitely wasn't a good idea, and she was right. Presley was fine! I kept peeking in the window and she was still playing. I think it also helped to be distracted by the three other little girls running around! [I totally shed a few tears at that moment. I kinda felt like a dork, but you know what I am her mom and I deserved to cry anytime I want!] Miss Tory said none of the girls ever got upset that day. Presley even said tonight that she wanted to go play at "tool time" again tomorrow, so hopefully it goes well again. I was pretty impressed that she did so good. It was her first time completely being away from our family!

Miss Tory also handed out this sweet poem to all of the mama's. Definitely didn't help with the tears! :) It was a really sweet gesture though!

The First Day

I gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You've been with her
And have been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave her at my side.
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheeks may flow
I'll love her as I would my own
And help her learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know
How quickly the years do pass
And that one day soon it will be my turn
To take my child to class.
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tears no more
For I will love him and take her in
When you leave him at my door.

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Thanks for sharing. Now we're all crying! Glad she had a good first day!