The Story Of Us

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Women of Faith - Imagine

A few weekends again, my Mom & I headed to Atlanta to attend the Women of Faith tour, Imagine. The tickets were her birthday present. Really it was just as much a gift to me as it was to her....no kids for 3 days! ;) We left on a Thursday morning and got back really late Saturday night.

We went to Ikea for the first time on Thursday. I love that store immensely! When I got home I realized they charged me for an art easel I bought Presley 3 times. I called them and got $3o refunded with no hassle. That was super impressive to me! You have to go there as soon as possible. The one in Atlanta is easy to get to but plan on spending at least 3 hours there. You definitely need that much time to see everything!

I love this kitchen. I want it now. Is that possible?

Love this dining room too...these are my dream colors!

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Inn at the Peachtrees right downtown. I was pretty impressed that the rooms actually looked like the pictures! It was really nice and at only $80/night with a full breakfast buffet (including make your own waffles) AND in walking distance to everything, it can't be beat!

The view from our room. I have always wanted to live downtown in a big city and for 2 nights I got to! ;)

The conference was exactly what I needed. Amazing women speaking the word of God. I laughed and cried pretty much the entire time. And didn't feel a bit out of place with 8,000 other women doing the exact same thing! We saw Sheila Walsh, Nicole Johnson, Lisa Harper and Angie Smith. They are all so gifted in what they do. Google them and fall in love! Mary Mary and Natalie Grant both sang. All extremely talented ladies who can belt out some songs! I wish I could see the conference in every city they go to; it was just that good!

The conference focused on Ephesians 3 :20, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine". I need to remember that! ;) I think it was Shelia Walsh who said that "peace is not the absence of trouble, it's the presence of Christ". Amen sister, amen!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am insanely jealous of your visit to Ikea. I'm going in October...but still jealous!

Vicky said...

It was the BEST birthday present ever. Thank you, my sweet daughter!!