The Story Of Us

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

my high maintenance girls

With Presley, our first visit to L&D triage was at 31 weeks. I had to get Terbutaline to make the contractions stop. Then, we spent the night at 36 weeks for preterm labor, only to be sent home the next day for no progression. And I had Presley the next week.

With new little miss, I first went to triage at 29 weeks for some painful contractions. I only had some uterine irritability when I got hooked up to the monitor, no contractions. So they sent me home. I went back last Sunday night at 34w5d because of painful contractions. This time I had to get Terbutaline to make them stop. Let me just say, that stuff is AWFUL! It makes your heart rate jump up, gives you the shakes, and just generally, sucks!

And then tonight, I was at work and around 9 pm, started having contractions. About 10 in 50 min., so every 5 min. They were getting increasingly more uncomfortable, so I decided to get checked out. I was still only dilated to a 1 cm, which was what I was last Sunday. My blood pressure was a bit higher than it has been. But that doesn’t surprise me with how swollen I’ve been in the last week and the headaches that I’ve been having. I had high blood pressure with Presley as well. I never progressed any, so they sent me home tonight. I’m still having painful contractions. Sometimes they’re every 4 min apart and I have to blow through the pain! Yikes! But I’m not dilating at all with them and that weirds me out!

I’m not ready for her to come yet. I still have to finish her nursery and buy some more Christmas presents with my good paychecks. Ha! But I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t ready to breathe again! (:

0 comments: