The Story Of Us

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

31 weeks = four oranges


From babycenter.com- How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Hmmm...Sweet Pea feels a little heavier to carry around than 4 oranges!! But maybe it's because I'm carrying around extra weight besides that too!! No kidding, last night I looked down at my feet right before getting into bed and I could not even recognize them!! If it were not for my tattoo on my foot, I would swear somebody switched legs with me! Ha ha! My right foot was worse than my left. I couldn't even differentiate my ankle from my calf. So I officially have CANKLES!! And it's painful too. My skin is so taut and when I walk it feels like I'm walking on pins and needles. Ouch! Ah, at least all of this will be worth every second of uncomfortableness when we get to hold/kiss/snuggle Sweet Pea.

0 comments: