The Story Of Us

Monday, May 25, 2009

Latest news

Sorry I'm a bad blogger! I know I haven't updated in almost a week! So, here is the latest news.

I went to the doctor's office this past Friday for a routine checkup. But I saw a different OB, because mine was out of town. This doctor wanted to check my cervix to see if I was dilated any since I had that scare with contractions 2 weeks ago. He told me that I was 1 cm dilated already and about 70% effaced. Which means that my cervix is opened to 1 cm and on a scale of 0-100%, 70% thinned out. These are normally occurrences for the beginning of labor, just normally not at 33 weeks. The doctor said that these things did not necessarily mean that I will go into labor in the next few weeks but I certainly could if I didn't take it easy and not do strenuous activities. So, I'll be going back to the doctor this Friday so they can check me again to see if everything is the same.

Sweet Pea would be ok being born right now. S/he just wouldn't be able to come home with us right away. Probably a 1 or 2 week NICU stay would be necessary in order for Sweet Pea to gain weight and get bigger. So we definitely want him/her to cook a little longer!! I would be the crazy mom you have to call security on to get her to leave the hospital after visiting hours!! I can't imagine being discharged from the hospital and not taking my baby with me!

So, please pray that whenever labor does come, that Sweet Pea and I will both get through it healthy and sound.

0 comments: