The Story Of Us

Thursday, August 27, 2009

absolutely new

"The moment a child is born,
the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new."

I found this just a few minutes ago and it's funny because I've been thinking a lot about this lately and it's EXACTLY how I feel. I'm a completely new person since my precious daughter has walked into my life. I had always heard the cliche about not knowing until you become a mother. And it is SO true! Even when I was pregnant, I knew I loved my child, BUT now... when I think about not being able to see her, hold her, love her....I can't breathe.

Everything is different! Life has an all new meaning and purpose! Being a mother is honestly the most hard work I have ever done! But it is also the most rewarded I've ever felt in my life! I am so blessed that God has allowed me to be a mommy! And I thank Him everyday for my sweet baby girl!

I'm struggling with the fact that I have to go back to work in a week and a half. I know how blessed I am that my job only requires me to be away from her for 3 days...but I'm selfish and I don't want to be away from her at ALL! So, please if you will, PRAY for me about this...I will not be able to do it without God's help.

0 comments: