The Story Of Us

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy SECOND Birthday Presley!


Presley, you are two years old now! And you think the world revolves around you! ;) You are a big, smart, beautiful, funny, happy, independent, caring little girl. Your Daddy and I have loved seeing you grow into the person that you are. I love being able to carry on conversations with you about "beebuds" (ladybugs) or going outside to "wing" and "side" (swing and slide)! You just got some new outside toys and you love them. You love being outside in general.

You have just learned how to say "I wuve uw" to people and it melts our hearts! I don't think there's anything in this world better than having your child squeeze you tight while saying this to you. You'll see what I mean one day! You also say "dare ya doh" (there you go) and you say it when you hand anyone anything. You know how old you are when we ask you. And you also say "Nana" with gusto when we ask "whose girl are you?"!

You keep your Daddy and I rolling with the things you do. Like now when we ask you something you answer us with "uhhhhhhhhhh...no" or uhhhhhhhh...yes". You try to pop a little attitude and it's pretty funny! (I know it won't be funny later but it is right now!) You still say everything is "boo" (blue) even though we've been working hard on all the other colors! I know you'll get them one day. When counting you say "free, four, free, four, five"! Ha ha! One and two aren't necessary! :)

Your favorite foods right now are chicken salad, hot dogs, spaghetti and tacos. You love to drink your milk, water, apple juice and V8 fusion juice. You still sleep from 8pm-8am and take a 2 hour nap after lunch. You are wearing 24 mo or 2t clothes for the most part. You can fit into 18 mo shorts and a 3t shirt depending on the brand. You just recently moved up to a size 6 shoe. And for Mommy that means more shoe shopping! Yay! :)

So you haven't shown any more interest in going potty. But that's ok, you will do it in your own time! You are also still sleeping in your crib. I don't think I'll ever want to move you out of there...it's my own personal baby jail! :)

For some reason I wasn't too tearful about this birthday. I don't know if it's because it has snuck up on me so fast that I didn't have time to think, or if I'm excited about how much you are going to grow and learn by your next birthday. I love you so much and I love being your Mommy!

3 comments:

Keli said...

That picture collage at the top is so adorable!

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Do you even remember that tiny baby? Sweet girl! We had so much fun at the party!

Ashley said...

Thanks girls! We had lots of fun too! Thanks for partying with us! :)