The Story Of Us

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Disney Live and surviving as a soccer mom

Jeremiah and I kept the kids last week for my parents while they enjoyed a Branson vacation. I’m not gonna lie, I was kinda nervous about this. Not that they weren’t going to behave, but that I wouldn’t be a good mom to 4 kids. 3 out of the 4 go to school each day and then you add in homework, soccer practice & a game, Kole’s PT….I was a little overwhelmed to begin with! But my wonderful Mama wrote down a detailed schedule that kept us all sane. And it totally helped when I got the complaint “We don’t normally do that”, all I had to say was it’s on the list that she wrote out! :)

They stayed Thursday afternoon until Tuesday morning and we had a great time! Monday after school was the only time we were driving each other crazy and the only time time-out was utilized! Other than that they all played really well together and minded us great.

Saturday afternoon, while Presley was napping, I took Jaden and Kole to see Disney Live at the Civic Center. My manager had given me some free tickets and I had wanted to take them anyway so it worked out perfectly that we got to go for free. They, of course, had a blast! Since I didn’t have to pay to get in, I decided to buy them a magic Mickey wand and a light up Mickey light-saber. They spent the rest of the afternoon nearly poking their and other people’s eyes out! You’re welcome Mama! ;) I thought the program was originally Disney On Ice, but it was just a play about the (condensed) stories of Snow White, Cinderella and Belle. I enjoyed it probably as much as they did!

IMG_2198IMG_2203IMG_2205IMG_2206

The Grand Finale song had all of the princesses dressed in white and Minnie and Mickey dancing around. Then of course in high Disney fashion, fireworks and glitter exploded out into the audience. Jaden and Kole said “Wow!”

IMG_2211

We HAD to watch Tangled on Friday night, because no weekend spent with Jaden and Kole would be complete without watching Tangled. Seriously! It’s ok though, because I really like that movie. Kameron was less than thrilled to be watching it, because he said that that’s all they watch at home. RIght. So we quickly quieted him up with the iPad!  Presley actually sat for a about 5 min. in her Daddy’s lap and watched it. Which is a record for her watching any movie.

photo(5)

And finally a picture of the two cutest girls ever brushing away one night!

IMG_2213

0 comments: