The Story Of Us

Saturday, October 29, 2011

halfway to a big girl bed

Today was a sad day in this house….for me anyway.

IMG_2439IMG_2442IMG_2444IMG_2449

We moved Presley into a (semi) big girl bed. I guess we were lucky to get 28 months of her being in a baby jail, I mean, crib!! On Tuesday, when she was getting up from a nap, I caught her on the monitor straddling the side of the crib. After I got over my mini heart attack, I told Jeremiah that our crib days were over. I still can’t believe it! :(

We just took the front of the crib off and put the guard rail on the mattress. It doesn’t fit perfectly. But I’m looking for a twin bed to transition her into. We don’t want to buy a toddler bed that she would only be in for a little bit and we want to keep the crib as a crib for a future nursery.  Actually, we are going to keep all of the nursery furniture together SO, what else do you do but buy all new furniture for little miss? ;)  I’ve been looking for a while and I think big kid furniture decisions are harder than nursery furniture ones were 3 years ago!

For nap today, it took her an hour to fall asleep. She kept getting up and knocking on the door and calling our names. I was surprised that she didn’t play much with the toys in there. Tonight she only got up once and then got right back in bed. I think it was only because she was so tired from not napping long enough earlier. Hopefully she won’t stop napping because of the bed switch!

0 comments: