The Story Of Us

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Updates! (looooong)

I can't believe it's been a week since I've blogged! I'm so incredibly sorry! There has been a ton of things happening in Sweet Pea land. I have a few updates for everyone. This post is long, so hang in there!

First, I am going to the doctor every week now. This past Friday, Dr. D checked me and said I was 2 cm dilated and about 50% thinned out. (The thinning out part can be very subjective to whoever is checking it. Because the previous OB said I was 70%.) Anyway, I also got an ultrasound that day. They checked on Sweet Pea's weight, which was around 5 lbs 4 oz. They also measured head circumference and the length of leg and arm bones, all of which were fine. The last thing they did was check to see if Sweet Pea was "practice breathing", which s/he was! It was so cute to see his/her chest moving up and down in there! This is a good sign that if Sweet Pea did come early, hopefully s/he would be able to breathe and do just fine in the outside world!

Second, the furniture, ahhh, the stupid furniture!! Will not, I repeat NOT be here until the middle of June. Granted I know that it's already June 2nd, but still, this stuff has been ordered since March! I get so upset when I think about it, I want to cry. We don't even have a dresser that we can put Sweet Pea's clothes in. I can't finish decorating until we get the furniture in and we see how it all fits. Ahhhh, so incredibly frustrating, but there is nothing I can do about it. Sweet Pea will probably be here before the furniture is! BUT at least the walls in the nursery are finished. We did paint touch ups on Sunday afternoon and it's ready to have everything else put in now.

Third, I think Sweet Pea will be here within the next two weeks. Why do I think that you ask? Mother's intuition! ;) No, not really, I don't think that I have that yet! I just hope we make it to 36 weeks. That is my goal! But I have been nesting quite a bit lately. I washed all of the new blankets, towels, outfits, etc. today. And packed Sweet Pea's diaper bag for the hospital. We also put the car seat in the car tonight. It looks so weird in there! It just symbolizes that we are one step closer to bringing a baby home!

0 comments: