The Story Of Us

Sunday, July 18, 2010

13 months!

Well, we have officially been in the toddler stage for a month and I must say, it's been wonderful! Even the fit-pitching moments! It's so awesome to see Presley's personality now that she is growing up.

Presley is definitely a little copycat! She imitates just about anything back to you these days. If I shake my head no at her, she just wiggles it from side to side too! ;) Ha! If I'm chewing gum while talking to her, she starts smacking those lips up and down! And about a week ago I was pushing her tugboat around in the bathwater making the vroom noise. I let it go and she started pushing it back and forth and blowing/spitting the vroom noise back at me! Now, almost every bath involves pushing the boat and making the noise. =) She'll also pick up a book and bring it to you, saying "booh booh" wanting you to read it to her. Then she will sit in your lap for all of about 10 seconds listening to it, then promptly start squirming to get down!

Little Miss is walking everywhere. I can't even remember what it was like to have her just crawl anymore. It has been fantastic! I love that she is walking now. She honestly doesn't get into more things than she did when she was just crawling or cruising the furniture. Don't get me wrong...she is a super busy little thing! That definitely hasn't changed! I just like not having to carry her everywhere. Oh and you can see her outfits better when she walks! HA! ;)

Presley is DONE with bottles! [Yay!] And now drinking 100% whole milk in a sippy cup. We had been mixing in about 1/2 a scoop of formula, just to get rid of it, until a few days ago. I think this also helped in the final transition of just drinking whole milk. Presley is a pretty good eater, most days. Getting her to eat veggies is still a challenge, and I anticipate it to probably continue for the rest of toddler-hood!

These pictures were taken tonight at my parents' house. Presley is riding my brother's old rocking horse in the first one. I mean it's really old....he just turned 30! She wouldn't ride the hippo. She just wanted to push it. with a basketball in it. go figure!

1 comments:

Keli said...

Big girl! Happy 13 Months