The Story Of Us

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Growing like a weed

I realize that I still have another week to go before Presley is 13 months old. But I had to write this post now, because I will forget all of the awesome things she is doing now. Just in the past week it seems, Presley has grown in leaps and bounds. I feel like tomorrow I'll be taking her for her driving test :(

- waves. I'm not talking the fist crunching thing, actually waving her hand from side to side. It melts my heart!

- says bye and hi. Not bye-bye, which was really ba ba (like the sheep noise). She graduated to full on saying byyyyeeeee and hiiiiiiiiiii. Literally that drawn out too! ;)

- "dances" to ANY kind of music. Dancing in this sense means swaying her body and humming. It doesn't matter if the music is a soft lullaby coming from her music box, this girl's gotta bust a move!

- when you say "I'm gonna get you" she runs TOWARD you, not away from you. It's the most adorable thing ever! She just laughs and laughs when she's coming toward you!

- blow kisses. She will kiss (which is an open, wet mouth) her palm over and over and we are trying to teach her to let go of it now.

& these last two things are just random things that she has done once, but they were cute so I'll post them for me to remember later!

- I walked over to the trash bag we had and threw something away. I told her this is where we put the trash. Later that afternoon, she picked up a toy and waltzed right over to the trash and threw it in there. Ha!

- I was holding Presley on my hip walking through the house and she randomly started saying yay and wanted to clap, but she could only get to one hand. So, she just started clapping on her chest with her one hand!

Oh goodness. I almost forgot!

Presley hasn't had a morning bottle in 2 days! I just got her up and gave her a sippy cup with milk and fed her breakfast right then. Normally we would have a bottle first thing and wait a little bit for breakfast.

And then tonight was the first night without a bottle. We changed our bedtime routine a little too, so I hope that isn't too much change for her. We did a bath, brushed teeth, offered water sippy cup, said prayers, rocked a little and then went into the crib. She did ok with it tonight, but I think she was just exhausted because she only took 1 nap today. I guess we'll see how it goes the rest of the week.

And here is the picture that I promised of Presley and her new shoes!

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

I love the new blog look! Your updates aren't showing up in my updates and I have no idea why. The last post I saw was your post on July 4th! I've missed so much, but no worries! I'm all caught up now! Ha! And I'm off to figure out what the problem is with the updates :)