The Story Of Us

Sunday, August 8, 2010

daddy's girl

Presley is going through a hard-core daddy's girl "phase". I say the word phase with great hope and anticipation that she will one day return to loving mommy! Ha ha! No, I know that she loves me, she just very much prefers daddy to do everything for her right now. Like this morning, when I went to get her out of her crib, she started yelling and ran away from me. Normally she is smiling and waving and reaching out for me to get her. Today was the complete opposite. And I'm not going to lie, it hurt my heart a little bit. =( I really try to not let it bother me. I know that she's only 13 months and that what she wants changes on a regular basis. I just have a hard time remembering that when I'm in the moment.

1 comments:

Keli said...

now, that is one thing I've never been through. Maybe because their Daddy is a little mean. or because i cannot get away from mine for more then 2 minutes. but they do say little girls love their daddy's.