The Story Of Us

Sunday, August 15, 2010

lots of littles

This is pretty much a catch up post. I just get sick of labeling them "updates" all the time. Not too much has been happening lately, but there are a few new things that Presley is doing.

~Recently Presley has started helping me undress herself. When I am undressing her for a bath, she picks at her clothes until I take them off and then literally steps out of the clothes, one foot at a time! Yesterday morning after breakfast she was playing in the floor and I sat down with a fresh diaper and her clothes. I told her to come here and let's get dressed. She marched her little self right over and plopped down and then laid back, ready for me to do my job! I was pretty impressed!

~Presley can now blow kisses for real. She was just putting her mouth up to her palm and holding it there. Well, now she can let go and she makes the little "muah" noise with it! So cute!

~She is saying bath now and just gibbering more overall. When I get her up in the mornings and from naps, she takes out her pappy and puts it on the crib rail and says bye bye and waves to it. Ha ha!

~She also stomps her feet really fast into the ground. Not when she's mad, but excited. It's pretty funny to watch. It looks like she dancing to that song "she's a manic, manic I know. and she's dancing like she's never danced before". :)

~Presley loves looking up at the light and pointing to it when you ask her about it. She can also flip the switch on and off now. That's fun, let me tell you. To have to let her do it every time you walk past one. (Sense the sarcasm here?)

~NEW TOOTH! I can't believe I forgot about this one. This is definitely a big update! I can't tell if it's a canine or incisor but, it's on the top left. & she has a top right one that should be coming in any day now. Then she'll have vampire fangs! Too bad it's not Halloween right now!

We finally have Presley's one year checkup tomorrow morning with Dr. P. So I'll post her weight, height, etc when we get back from the appointment. She also has to get shots :( Ugh, it's gonna be AWFUL! It was one thing when she was little bitty and could get over it as soon as I picked her up. But now, she is totally aware of what's going on. I can just see her sweet face looking up at me, not knowing what's about to hit her. Oh I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

JP does the same thing with his paci! Even the waving part. Too funny! They're such cute little people now :)

Chelsea said...

Your daughter is beautiful! Looking forward to following you and all of her developments! It is fun for me to read up on what I can expect in the near future!

http://thejourneyofmybump.blogspot.com/