The Story Of Us

Friday, October 8, 2010

Show Us Your Life - kitchen (and master bedroom!)

So I've skipped a few Fridays over at Kelly's Korner, but tonight I'm making up! The kitchen is first and then our bedroom!

I do love my kitchen...however it's not my dream kitchen. This house was brand-spankin new when we bought it, meaning builder's beige was everywhere. & it wasn't a custom build, so we just got whatever the builder wanted to put in it! I still think it's pretty nice. But we've definitely learned what we do and don't want in our "forever" kitchen!

See my "EAT" letters? Ha! I totally stole the idea off Cougar Town! I just adapted them to our color scheme! :) & the paisley platter was a gift from our wedding. I adore it!


You'll have to excuse our food on top of the fridge and to the side. We don't have a pantry. :( Who builds a house and doesn't include a pantry? Everyone needs one to hide their junk!


~~~~~~~THE MASTER BEDROOM~~~~~~~

I so LOVE our bedroom! the furniture, the colors, the ultra awesome mattress.....LOVE! The wall color is "Shenandoah Taupe" although it looks gray. And the furniture is dark cherry, but it looks black. This is the summer bedding, which is a white quilt cause the hubs gets too hot otherwise. & the winter bedding is a super puffy {swoon!} down duvet which keeps me all nice and toasty in our freezing winters down here in the south! ;)


Sometimes I'm pretty crafty....this mirror was a steal at TJ Maxx, but it was white! :( So a few cans of black spray paint later and it was perfect! Same with the sconces....they were a hideous faux gold/bronze-ish color. Same black paint = same success!


The other wall facing the bed has a longer dresser that has a crazy old TV on it! We are planning on one day putting a flat screen on the wall and then using the dresser for pictures and nick knacks.

Well, that's it for tonight! Hope y'all have a great Saturday! We are headed to Biloxi to see Jeremiah's dad and step-mom while they are visiting the coast. :)

4 comments:

Abramyan Avenue said...

what is that color in your kitchen? so pretty!! your kitchen is so open!! very pretty!!

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

I'm so impressed that you already hung that stuff over your bed! You mean business!

And I'm totally stealing the EAT letters too!

The Howards said...

Love your kitchen and bedroom!! Our previous house didn't have a pantry either. We ended up putting this bit cabinet thing in our laundry room to store stuff. I know how you feel!

Ashley said...

Thanks everyone! =)

I think the kitchen color is "Paprika". It was in one of the display kitchens at Lowes and I fell in love with it immediately!