The Story Of Us

Monday, April 11, 2011

Art Festival

I should have titled this post National Lampoon's trip to the Art Festival! That's pretty much how all of our outings go! If something adverse can happen, it will! Ha ha! My Mom & I joke all the time how we should have a reality show....I think we would put the Kardashians to shame! ;)
Anyway, yesterday we went to the Art Festival in downtown Milton. It was the last day and we of course, went at the very end of the day due to a nap and a trip to the grocery store. But we had fun just walking around and then eating treats on the boardwalk. We had gotten some kettle corn and Italian ice. My bag of popcorn was open (first mistake) and sitting on the ground beside me (second mistake)! Well, Presley grabbed it, of course when I had the icee cup and spoon in my hands and she proceeded to dump a third of it on the ground then ran over to the railing and stuck her head in between the bars. When she pulled it out, her bow fell down to the watery rocks. I could have cried! You might think that's a tad dramatic, but I just bought all new bows and they are not cheap!

After like 5 minutes of us all trying to reach over and get it, these 2 guys came over to us. And the younger guy just hopped over the railing and got it. I greatly appreciated it! For the record, Kameron wanted to jump over there and get it but I could just see that going awry, so I wouldn't let him. When the guy took like 2 seconds to get the bow, Kameron said "I could have done that!"

pre-bow losing moment!

Presley being sweet, smelling the flowers!

0 comments: