The Story Of Us

Monday, March 14, 2011

nothing important

Not too much has been happening around these parts....just the normal everyday life and work. But I didn't want anyone to think that we had fallen off the face of the earth! My last couple of days at work were kinda rough (nothing in particular, I just hate it sometimes...everyone can sympathize with that, right?) So I came home to these on Friday thanks to my sweet, sweet husband. =) He's so wonderful! (=
Here is the first monogram that I've done that actually looks like a monogram! :) It's taken a long time to get to here...it's not as easy as it seemed like it would be. Now I just need to practice with some appliques and placement on shirts. This one was just on a piece of fabric and it was so not centered!
HOW is it the middle of March already? & time for yard work again? Ugh! I love enjoying the benefits of it, just not the doing it! But I am ready for the smell of freshly groomed grass and cookouts! mmmm...one of the best parts of the season! We've gone to the park some recently and my parents have a big outdoor play structure in their backyard that Presley loves. So it's got me thinking that we need one in our backyard. Presley loves to climb and slide and swing. And our backyard is so boring! It desperately needs a swing set! I'm going to try and convince that wonderful husband of mine that Presley needs it for her birthday! Cross your fingers for me!

Ok, last random thing of the day. I found this website the other day. & fell in love. Super cheap bows! Most of the larger bows that you find in stores are $7 or $8. It can get kinda pricey, quick. But these are only $2-3!!! Score! I ordered a bunch last night and received an email this morning that they were being shipped today. Hopefully they will be good quality. Anyway, just thought I would share my great find!

4 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

That monogram is precious! ;)

Keli said...

So sorry about work! Life would be a lot easier if SAHM's got paychecks!

bgaskill said...

let us know what you think of all those bows you ordered! You had hoped for a good quality bow, so are they?

E said...

I know what you mean...monograms can be a pain.