The Story Of Us

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Anniversary trip

For our anniversary this year, we decided it was time for a get away! I, well we both, really wanted to go back to St. Lucia, but it just wasn't in our budget right now. So we settled for going back to where we went on our honeymoon, Indian Shores. It's right between St. Petersburg and Clearwater. We really enjoyed going back to places that we went to 5 years before; it was pretty nostalgic!

We left Wednesday night and got there Thursday around 3:30 am I think. So obviously we slept in that morning...who are we kidding we didn't get up any morning earlier than 9!! We went to Walmart for a few groceries because our room had a mini kitchen. Which I loved because we saved money by eating lunch there a few days. But we watched some TV and movies that afternoon then went to eat at the Salt Rock Grill for dinner. It was delicious steak and seafood, even better than I remembered. Isn't this a lovely photo? Ha ha! With junk all over the bed! It was raining that night and I'm pretty sure I remember that it rained on the night we went on our honeymoon! Weird!

On Friday morning we woke up to this.

Great weather for a vacation! We actually didn't mind too much! We went to Tampa to meet my friend from nursing school, Amber. We met her at the Cheesecake Factory for some yummy cheesecake and then went shopping at the International Plaza. It's a crazy big 2 story mall that has restaurants on the outside of the mall building and they all have open seating outside. It looks like a chic nightclub...way cooler than anything Pensacola would have!

Then Jeremiah and I headed back to go shopping and eat at John's Pass Boardwalk. It's kinda like Pensacola's Boardwalk. Just a bunch of shops and restaurants. We ate at Bubba Gump's....they have the most yummy seafood! I just recently found out that there's one in Destin. Do yourself a favor and go eat there! :) I think we had seafood every day we were there! And I found the old picture of us in front of the same sign at the boardwalk!

Saturday morning we woke up to much sunnier skies. We went to lunch at Frenchy's, a little beach bum place that has the best grouper sandwich on Earth! And then relaxed in the pool and at the beach. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the beach on a nice day. South Florida sand is so much different than ours. It's like a finer grain and it kinda feels like Moon Sand that's impossible to shape! I much prefer our sugar white fluffy sand!

J at Frenchy's...I promise we actually did talk to each other on our trip. I actually think it's the most we've talked in the last 2 years! I know we'll look back on this time of hectic parenting with great memories and wish our baby was still little. But it's nice to get away with just each other and reconnect without a sippy cup flying by my head or hearing "Mommy" screamed at me 25 times in two seconds!

And of course no trip would be complete without a dessert stop! It's the Candy Kitchen and it's wall to wall sweets! My Heaven! The store is not much bigger than what you see on the right. They make their own fudge, ice cream and italian ice. They also have every kind of candy bar, sucker, cotton candy, hard candy (well you get the idea) that you could think of! So that was our treat Saturday afternoon! And then we went to see Transformers in IMAX 3D that night. I was a little skeptical especially with the $46 price tag for 2 tickets and popcorn and drinks. But it was awesome! I'm glad we splurged on it!

Sunday morning we packed it all up and headed home. We missed Presley like crazy but I'm pretty sure the feeling wasn't reciprocated! ;) She LOVES spending time at her Nana and PawPaw's house with everyone! We skyped with her a couple of times so she could see and hear us. I know she missed us, but I'm glad she didn't ever get upset over being away from us.

THANK YOU so much Mama for keeping P for us! We couldn't have made this trip without you! Love you!

0 comments: