The Story Of Us

Monday, July 4, 2011

Lambert's

I started feeling a little bit better on Saturday night from my mutant strep throat. (turns out if you take your antibiotics the wrong way, it makes you suffer longer! who knew?) But by Sunday, I was bound and determined to get out of this house! So we went over to Foley and ate at Lambert's Cafe. I'm sure we were the only people left in the Florida Panhandle who hadn't eaten there yet! We've lived here close to 13 years and it was our first time going.

It was a really fun atmosphere and priced great for the gigantic portions, but I have to say it wasn't the best food I've ever eaten. I got the meatloaf and immediately wished I had gotten the fried porkchops upon seeing them served table side in a huge skillet! I would go back for lunch if shopping in Foley or if out-of-town guests wanted to go back, but I probably wouldn't truck it over an hour to go wait for an hour and twenty just for their food. But hey, to each their own! I am proud to say that our table, and by that I mean Kameron & Jeremiah, caught all 5 rolls that were thrown to us! Those things are sizzling hot flying by your head!

We tried to stay outside and let the kids play on the train at the front of the restaurant, but we were about to die because of the 9,0000 degree heat after an hour. I had the bright idea of walking over to Chick-fil-A and getting a drink and let the kids play in the cool play area. Well, that was a good idea except it was Sunday and they aren't open on Sundays! So we just went and sat in our air conditioned cars until it was time to eat.

0 comments: