The Story Of Us

Monday, July 11, 2011

Exploreum

We took the kids to Mobile last Tuesday to the Exploreum; it was Presley's first time going. She loved it! Well, they all loved it! They have special exhibits that come visit for a short time and this summer it's a space exhibit. That's right up my alley, I'm kind of a space nerd! Kameron and I saw "Hubble" on the IMAX they have there. It was awesome! They also have permanent exhibits that include a ton of hands on stuff.

Presley hitched a ride from everybody! On this you had to use a pulley system to get to the top of the pole. Some of them were really hard to do. Especially with 25 extra pounds! ;)

The three floating heads! :) Notice Presley in Jaden's picture? She was concerned about where his body was! Ha ha!

One of the exhibits was all about the body. This is the 12 foot tall beating heart. It was super cool! Jaden couldn't get over that this is actually in his body! In this exhibit you could 'perform' surgery and test your ability to jump, your strength and how long it takes to burn off a cheeseburger! It also had a station where you could push up and down on lever to 'beat' your heart...it was way harder to do than I thought. Makes me appreciate my heart a little more!

Kole loved this snake. She kept petting it. Looking at the picture gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm not a snake person at all! Presley even touched it, but my mom was holding her. Thank goodness!

My mom let Jaden, Kole and Presley play at the Wharf of Wonder while we watched the movie. It's a play area for the smaller kids and we knew that they would rather play than see "Hubble". I know they had a blast!

I'm sad that we didn't get to do a lot of the things that we had planned on my vacation from work. But at least we got to pick blueberries, eat at Lambert's and go to the Exploreum. Oh and Jeremiah and I went on a much needed anniversary trip! Thank the Lord I got sick before then! Glass half full, right? ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kameron's shoes look HUGE!!! haha. We had a blast, thanks for going with us!
mom :)

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Looks like fun! I've been thinking about making a trip over there, maybe before summer is over!

Anonymous said...

That does look fun! I haven't been in a while and I don't remember it being so cool.

Gulf Coast Exploreum said...

Thank you so much Mr. And Mrs. P! We are so happy you brought kids to come see us and that everyone enjoyed themselves. Please come back and see us this fall when KANGAROO KRAZE is here! Oct15 - Jan2.

Thanks again for visiting!

Best,
Kirsten Conley
Director of Marketing & PR