The Story Of Us

Sunday, July 24, 2011

country kids

**So before we get on to the main post, can I just gush about Presley's shirt? Isn't it adorable? Natalie from The Punky Monkey made it. She's a friend from Mommy & Me who has amazing skills! Presley has one of her play mat creations and a bird monogrammed onesie that when she was a baby was one of my favorite things to put her in! It's now hanging on her wall! :) And I'm sure this shirt is going to be in regular rotation...we both love it! Do yourself a favor and go check out her stuff!**

Ok, now to the boring stuff ;)
We went back to visit my grandparents in Mississippi for a few days this past week. It was a short, sweet, and last minute kinda trip. Just my mom and I took the kids as my dad was putting tile down in their house and Jeremiah was working. We decided last week, I think, that we were going to go! We didn't really do much of anything; The only shopping we did was at Dirt Cheap...love that place! & we went out to eat twice. Otherwise we were just lazy, but it was still nice to see them. The first morning we went to feed my Grandaddy's cows. in the rain. and rain in mississipppi = lots of mud. yuck! So we trucked it out there in the rainy mud to see them. The kids loved it! I wanted to take my camera but was too afraid I would fall and drop it. Maybe next time there will be pics! Kameron drove the tractor a bunch and of course I don't have pictures of that either. I'm a slacker aunt!

The kids LOVED the wide open spaces (anyone singing Dixie Chicks?) to run free and crazy in!

This picture cracks me up. Kole came up to me with this distraught look on her face and said super dramatically "I just don't have ANY energy left!" Ha ha!

Close up of Presley's fabulous shirt!

And one last picture of the Mississippi country.

3 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

I love dirt cheap! We have one in atmore and it is wonderfully gross! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Aww. Thank's girl. I loved making it for her and she makes it even cuter! My very first client ever will always have a special place in my heart.

Keli said...

Well I wasn't singing Dixie chicks until you said that haha