The Story Of Us

Thursday, May 19, 2011

23 months!

It is honestly getting a little hard to write these posts! I can't believe it's time again to write. I can't believe she's almost TWO! Birthday party planning is full swing around here! I (mostly me, because Jeremiah said he didn't care which theme it was!) decided to go with Yo Gabba Gabba. Presley LOVES this show. Love isn't really the correct word. She's obsessed! I really wanted to do a PB&J theme and kick it with vintage-y purples and browns. She also loves a good PB&J sandwich, but I didn't think that she would recognize that from the party decor. I think she'll be really excited about Gabba Gabba! And don't worry if you can't stomach the show, I promise you will only see the characters in small doses! Invites went out today...so they should be on your doorstep in no time!

So Presley is loving Yo Gabba Gabba right now. She also likes Sesame Street and Jack's Big Music Show. She is still crazy obsessed with babies. And trains and airplanes. We have a game on our iPad that plays the noises of different animals and automobiles. Well, there is a jet on there. And one morning we heard a plane and I said "oh I hear an airplane outside", then she quickly informed me "no, a jet". Nothing like being schooled by a 23 mo old! :)

This girl loves to eat sauces. Like as in ketchup, bbq, ranch....pretty much any condiment sauce! She is such a big helper now! She loves helping put the laundry into the dryer. She'll also help empty the dishwasher, minus the sharps and breakables of course. She has a play vacuum that she vacuums the carpet with. Kind of funny considering that she's terrified of the real one!

Bedtime is very routine procedure. She has to have everything just right before she'll go to sleep. She sleeps on her belly with her zebra puppy under one arm and her baby under the other. A pappy in each hand and one in her mouth, her lovey blanket on her back and her regular blanket on her legs. Can anyone say OCD? Oh and the monitor has to be plugged in with the light on before you put her in the crib or she won't lay down. She somehow knows that we watch her in it! Crazy! She also has to have her little bird music box on. When she gets up in the morning, she lays her puppy and baby down in the crib and cover them with blankets and tells them "nigh, nigh"!

Presley has just started calling cats "ditty". She use to just make a meow noise when you asked her what they were. She is also doing this thing where she holds up her index finger and then says "one more". This could be in reference to her getting another piece of food or throwing her up in the air or if she wants you to stop bothering her! She says everything is "boo" when you ask her what color something is. Oh and she says her name is "cessly"! Precious!

Well, the next time I'll write one of these I will have a 2 year old. I'm pretty sure that I'll have to have lots of tissues on hand for that one!

0 comments: