The Story Of Us

Monday, May 23, 2011

beach day!

We went to Navarre Beach on Saturday afternoon after P's nap. We love going there, it's our favorite beach! Well this time, I'm happy to report that she LOVED it! (I thought I had blogged about it, but I guess not.....see this is what happens when I go too long without writing things down, I forget them!) Anyway, we had taken her to the beach one afternoon, maybe 2 months ago, and the sand and water were freezing and Presley wanted no part of any of it. She just sat in someone's lap the entire time.

She was still leery of the sand at first on Saturday. Actually it was like trying to put a cat in water! She had all limbs wrapped around my arms! Sure wish I had a picture of that! But I told her since she was born in Florida, she HAD to love the beach! I sat her little self down in the sand and she didn't even whimper...she loved it! Silly girl! :)

We built sandcastles, played in the waves and soaked in the sunshine! We were pretty ready to go by the end of the afternoon though! Presley had pooped and my friends, the swim diaper does not hold poop well. It was all over her swimsuit. Yuck! So I had to get her naked and try to clean off poop mixed with wet sand. Then my mom and I are trying to gather everything together with a naked Presley, Jaden had on the fish rings and he's climbing on the protected dunes so I'm yelling at him and he turns to spit (don't ask why he's at that age I guess!) and he spits all over himself! Oh goodness! I'm sure we look like such rednecks to other people!

I wish I could have taken more pictures, it was such a beautiful day! But I'm not brave enough to bring a toddler by myself AND my huge expensive camera. So iPhone pics will have to do!

1 comments:

Keli said...

Those swim diapers don't hold pee either. Never dealt with a poopy one! eww.. clean up is always the worse part of the beach when there are kids involved!! And Trenten went through a spitting phase too. boys!