The Story Of Us

Saturday, May 7, 2011

another day, another wreath

Obviously I have some craft fever going on over here! I have been dying to make a rag wreath. I first saw it here. I fell in LOVE with the colors and the sheer happiness it exudes! :) It just screamed summer to me and since it feels like summer in the Florida panhandle, I decided our front door needed to wear it! It was super easy to make....WAY easier than coffee filter wreath and less hazardous! ;)

I meant to take pictures along the way and do a tutorial, but I forgot until I already had a bunch of fabric on the frame and I was not taking it off then for a picture! But I promise The Cottage Mama does a great job showing you how to do it all. Probably better than I ever could. She used scraps of Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey that she already had in her scrap bin. I don't have a scrap bin like that so I had to buy my fabric off Etsy! I found a seller who had what I wanted in a bundle of a 1/2 yard of each fabric. I decided to go with Hop Dot Sky, Swing Toss Pink, Hello Roses Olive, and Slim Dandy Stripe Pink. So in total I got 2 yards and cut them into 11 inch long strips and varying widths (thinner strips tie better on the wreath...fyi). I ended up using about 3/4 of the fabric I bought. & I used a thin wire frame, but in the blog I followed she used a dollar store wooden one. My wreath is definitely flatter than hers, but I still love it!

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Oh I love this one. Even more than the coffee filter wreath. It's next on my list!