The Story Of Us

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Much better the second time around!

Happy Mother's day to everyone! I know not everyone is a mother but in my opinion everyone has loved a child in their life like a mother would. Whether it be a niece, nephew, friend, neighbor, or even a child at work. It's hard work to love children sometimes! :)

Today was much different than last year, my first Mother's Day. We woke up and ate blueberry waffles, watched a church sermon from the internet and then Presley and I napped! (glorious!) We met my mom, brother and the kids at Blackwater Bistro for some scrumptious lunch after that. We were in a room by ourselves at the restaurant so it was nice to be able to be loud and talk. With four kids it's difficult to be quiet!

My sweet sweet husband and daughter got me the most wonderful gifts! The necklace is from The Vintage Pearl. I picked it out but the book was a complete surprise. I have wanted it for a while and can't wait to start reading it. I hope it will bring great insight! :)

The necklace is just beautiful! I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted just a P or her whole name, but I think her name is really pretty, what can I say, I'm partial! So I went with the entire thing. I figure if I ever have a boy I'd probably just get his initial since that seems a little more manly! And complete side note- but the top picture is bothering me! It is supposed to be horizontal but stupid blogger won't turn it that way. I've tried 3 times to fix it and it won't work! So you guys are just going to have to look at it sideways!

I'm so grateful for the 3 mothers that Jeremiah and I have in our lives....my mom, his mom and his bonus mom! They are all so wonderful! We celebrated with Jeremiah's mom last night by eating some yummy catfish. & we will have all next weekend to celebrate with his bonus mom because they are coming for a visit! YAY! We can't wait!

Hope y'all have had a great day!

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Lovely necklace! I'm glad you finally got one. :) I'm going to break down and do it myself too one of these days! Happy Mother's Day!