The Story Of Us

Thursday, June 17, 2010

24 hours and counting

Oh my goodness, it's so crazy to think that this time last year Jeremiah and I were enjoying a night in by ourselves. I had been canceled from work, but had worked the previous night and slept all day. Since I wasn't tired, we stayed up all night talking about anything and everything. (good thing, because little did we know it was our last night as just a family of 2!) I had my 37 week appointment that morning at 8 am. If memory serves me correct, we had finally dozed off around 4 or 5 am. So, extremely tired, I waddled into the doctor's office with my extremely tired husband by my side and received the scariest news that changed our lives forever! Our July 7th baby would actually be a June 18th baby! =) This year has been the craziest, greatest year of my LIFE! I'm surprised we all 3 survived it!

I really want tomorrow to be HAPPY. So, I'm posting the sappy part tonight! I re-read Presley's birth story and cried. {You forget all of the little details that happen in life. It's so awesome to relive them (in my own words, no less) whenever I feel like it!} And Presley gave me the best present tonight....she fell asleep in my arms! She has put herself to sleep for a few months now and will not let you rock past her finishing the bottle. She passed out as soon as I put her pacifier in her mouth, so I just sat there loving on my baby. I eventually had to put her in the crib because I have a mountain of a to-do list before her party on Saturday.

& here is my one year letter to P.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To my sweet Presley Grace,

You are such an amazing little girl! I never dreamed in a million years that I would have a daughter as wonderful as you. I never prepared myself for just how beautiful life could be when it is changed forever by the birth of a child. I always wanted to be a mom but, didn't realize just how much I would love this new life. You have made me the best mommy I could have ever hoped to be. You have completely changed me in every way possible for the better. You have made me more patient, kind, compassionate, grateful, understanding, hopeful...I could go on and on. I hope I can teach you half of the things that you have taught me about life.

Time is passing us by so quickly and I wish I could spend every minute soaking up your laughter and blowing kisses on your belly. It is so hard to believe that you will be one year old tomorrow! The moment you were placed on my chest for the first time will be forever imprinted on my heart. And it feels like it happened just yesterday! This past year has been nothing short of extraordinary. Watching you grow into your own little independent person has been mind boggling! Thank you so much for coming into my life and allowing me to be your mommy!

I love you!

2 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Thanks alot! Now I'm crying way too early on a Friday morning! Happy Birthday Presley!

Keli said...

Time does fly right by. Its so sad but its so rewarding. The 2nd year is the best! They learn so much! You'll love it even more.