The Story Of Us

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

'cause Mama's cheap

This past Friday night we cut Presley's hair for the first time. I didn't really want to pay $15 or $20 for someone to trim up the mop top, so I just borrowed some shears from a friend and did it myself! Jeremiah held her still and my mom snapped a picture. We distracted her with a paci and her sippy cup. It turned out a lot better than I had played it out in mind. I imagined her being so rambuncous that I accidently snip her ear off and win worst mother of the year award! But thankfully it didn't! Here are some pics during and after.

Look at that long hair! It didn't seem that long until I pulled it up.


Ta da! Finished product! You might not can tell a difference, but it's there. Her hair stays out of her eyes now. And it will still hold bows! The 2 objectives were accomplished!

Since we aren't going to the pediatrician for Presley's one year checkup until August, I decided to try get her weighted (by me standing on the scale myself and then adding her second) and measure her length myself (by me laying her on the ground and using a tape measure). Ha! This was somewhat of a joke! I did it the other night, and I'm pretty much where I started.....still not knowing! Presley could weight anywhere from 20 to 23 pounds and might be 28 inches tall. Notice the "could" and "might" in that sentence? Ha ha! ;)

4 comments:

ClassyMommy said...

Just found your blog! Presley is beautiful :) I am also a RN and live in Florida and have a baby girl that will be turning 1 on Aug. 3rd. We definatley share a love for hair bows :) Presley's are too cute. Can't wait to follow your blog.

Keli said...

I think you can go to the doctor and just have a weight check. I cannot believe you cut her hair. maybe I am just waiting for Emmy to get some so I NEVER want to cut it! and don't feel cheap. I cut Trenten's the 1st time too right at 12 months.

Princess couture Designs said...

How cute is she!! She gets cuter everytime I see pictures of her. I love that you were brave enough to cut her hair. Im terrified to cut it and Im sure Id ruin it if I did!

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

I LOL'd at your title! Hilarious! You did a great job! And if it makes you feel any better, I tried the measurement thing myself. Laying down, tape, and everything! :)