The Story Of Us

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

As a family, we have some pretty awesome dads in our life! Jeremiah and I both are so thankful for them. Both my dad and his dad go above and beyond for us without asking or expecting anything in return. They are both so giving and caring.

I have so many great memories with my dad. From him doing my hair for kindergarten (and me telling him my ponytail wasn't straight enough or tight enough!) to him being the only one I would ride a roller coaster with (and I would hold on to his upper arm for dear life!) to him walking me down the aisle. My dad is at work for the next few weeks, so our celebration with him will have to be postponed. I love you dad!

Jeremiah's dad makes me feel like he loves me as much as he loves Jeremiah. Which is an awesome feeling to have with your in-laws, let me tell you! I know Jeremiah loves and admires his dad so much. I know he misses him dearly. I wish somehow Louisiana could be moved over closer to Florida, because they would get sick of us visiting! We love you Johnny!

Today is Jeremiah's second father's day. Last year, we had just brought home a brand new baby the day before, but we still had a cookout that day. How crazy are we, seriously? Today is just going to be low key, celebrating Jeremiah. He is the best dad to Presley. I love watching them together! I couldn't ask for a better man to be my partner in life or in raising children. =)

Happy Father's Day Jeremiah! Presley and I both love you so much!

Here are some vintage pictures of Presley and Daddy. Because pictures make every post better!

I hope all the fathers out there have a good day!

2 comments:

Keli said...

She looks a lot like Daddy!

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

I have to agree with Keli! I guess I've never paid attention to the pictures before, she looks ALOT like daddy! I love itty-bitty baby pictures of Presley!