The Story Of Us

Friday, June 18, 2010

Presley at O N E !



happy post, happy post, happy post! That's what I keep telling myself over and over! It's a good thing that Presley is growing up! She is such a big girl now, doing things that my baby couldn't possibly do! ;)

Presley eats all table food now. And boy does she eat! This girl can down a whole waffle, piece of toast, grilled cheese, a few pancakes [!] or slice of pizza by herself. I've started getting her her own meal at restaurants, because picking off our plates just doesn't cut it now! Fruits and bread are still a favorite before veggies, but she's more apt to eat veggies if they are seasoned and spiced up. The apple must not fall far, because I'm the same way! ;) She LOVES chicken too! No matter how it's cooked. I've started mixing in whole milk with her two formula bottles. I tried to go straight to the sippy cup with whole milk, and she wanted nothing to do with it! So, at my mom's suggestion, we are slowly reintroducing it by ratios. You know 1/4 milk and 3/4 formula, then 1/2 milk 1/2 formula, etc. And when it's 100% cow milk, it's hello sippy cup, bye bye bottle!

We have T W O teeth now! Both on the bottom, right beside each other. Presley picked out a toothbrush today at the store to start really brushing. No more rubber-finger brush thing!

And we may have a walker SOON! Presley took 6 steps last night at my parents' house. It was so exciting! I can't wait to see her waddling around behind me. Or maybe that will be her running away from me! Ha ha! Right now, she is taking hold of just one finger and pretty much walks everywhere. I think she just lacks the confidence to go ahead and do it by herself. But she's getting braver and I'm sure she'll be doing it on her own soon enough. Man, Presley is BUSY! She is into everything these days. We have to shut the doors of every room and "lock" her into the living room because if not she'll be into something bad before you know it. And her hand-to-mouth reflex is lightening fast and I think it gets faster every day! ;)

ETA- Presley won't have her 12 month checkup with Dr. P until August when she'll be 14 months old. So I won't know her weight and length until then. But I might put her on the scale with me and measure her myself because I want to know how big she is now! She is wearing a definite size 3 shoe and 12-18 month clothes.

2 comments:

Keli said...

Big Girl! Have a Happy Birthday!!

Princess couture Designs said...

Happy Birthday Presley!! (sorry were a little late) Shes such a little cutie!!