The Story Of Us

Friday, June 25, 2010

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to


We had Presley's party on Saturday the 19th and I'm sure by the title listed above you can guess what happened! She cried AGAIN at the cake! I have said more than once, she and I can't share the same genes! Ha ha! We all had a good time, until a storm blew up right as we were finishing eating and about to have cake. I'm grateful that it didn't rain any early in the day or the whole party would have had to be moved inside a lot earlier.


*just click on any of the photos and you can see them a little bit bigger*
The decorations were just fabulous if I do say so myself! My sweet mom made the tissue paper pom poms and painted Presley's name on the tablecloth. The signature tablecloth is a new tradition that I'm starting. We will get it out for every party and have everyone in attendance sign it each year. I think it will be really fun to look back on it when she gets older! My sweet mother-in-law Vicky helped me assemble the banners. We made a "Presley" banner and a photo banner that had 12 photos from the first 12 months of her life. It was a big hit! This party was definitely a family effort! Thank you again to everyone! Jeremiah and I couldn't have pulled it off without your help.

The food was SO yummy! Chef Daddy made everything. We had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, pasta salad and buffalo chicken dip. My mother-in-law Vicky made chocolate covered pretzel sticks and strawberries. Talk about divine! I think I ate about 5 or 6 strawberries by myself! And we had to have us some sweet tea to drink! Jeremiah sliced some oranges and put them in the jar with the tea a few hours before hand and it was delicious! I recommend trying it sometime. And although Presley didn't like the cake, her guests sure did! Nouveau Pastries did a fantastic job, as always! The cake was vanilla with strawberry filling and white chocolate cream cheese frosting! It is TO. DIE. FOR. Seriously! Jeremiah and I get it each year for our birthdays, so Presley had to have it for hers! I brought them a polka dot napkin for inspiration and they matched it perfectly.

We are guessing that Presley just doesn't like icing. See from the pictures below? She didn't want anything to do it. I even tried to feed the iced cake to her on a spoon. After we figured out that it might be the icing, we gave her a chunk of cake without it and it worked a little bit better! She ate a few bites and tried to feed us some too! It was so cute! But then after her little bit of cake, she was done partying and was ready for bed. I was so surprised at her not liking the cake. At every first birthday party I've ever been to, the baby is always covered in cake by the end. And it makes for some adorable pictures. Oh well! I guess there is always another birthday next year.


A huge THANK YOU to everyone for all of Presley's wonderful presents, but most of all for your wonderful presence at her party! We enjoyed it so much! =) Here's to the next great year!

2 comments:

Keli said...

she's just too funny about that cake!! Trenten was a little timid with the cake at his first party too and he still does not like birthday cake!

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Maybe she just doesn't like being dirty. I'm leaving a cupcake without icing just for Miss Presley! :)