The Story Of Us

Friday, September 17, 2010

Show us your life- Living Room

Today, Kelly at Kelly's Korner is hosting a tour of living rooms. And while ours is still kinda boring (it has taken us 3 years to get this far! ha!) I'm going to show you anyway! It is still the builder's beige....yuck! I have tried to jazz it up without painting but I'm thinking it needs to be painted soon. I would love a deep brown, but our kitchen is a pretty bold, deep red and I don't want it to seem like we live in a cave! & don't be fooled.....it's NEVER this clean! It's just leftover from me vacuuming in here. It normally looks like a toy factory exploded.

We'll start with the entryway, since it's kind of in the living room! The sign above the door says "Home is where your story begins". I love it!

A close up of the drawing our friend Emily did for us. Isn't she like ridiculously talented?! It's the gazebo where we got married.
You'll have to excuse the exersaucer. Presley doesn't use it anymore, but it's the only thing that keeps her from playing with the lamp in the corner!

close up of the wall arrangement. I like it a lot, but would like to add some pictures of Presley in here. Any suggestions on placements of them?
Here is a cabinet that Jeremiah made a few years ago while he worked at a cabinet shop. I just love it! It's so tall- our ceilings are 9 feet and it goes almost to the top of the wall. We have had to keep moving our breakables higher up the shelf, because Presley gets a little too curious!
This wreath is my wedding bouquet. I sent it off the day after our wedding to a company and they returned it a few months later in this fabulous condition!
Probably my least favorite area. I love the shelf because my dad built it, but the wires behind it drive me NUTS! I'm trying to talk Jeremiah into dropping the wires behind the wall so it just looks like the TV is floating. I think that will be much nicer looking! Notice that things have also been moved higher up here?
& finally my favorite cross
Thanks for stopping by! =)

4 comments:

Keli said...

cute.. i thought about posting our living room but that would require me cleaning it! haha!

twinkietotmom said...

Okay...gotta tell you all the things I love about your post...first off, your daughter's name! Next...the picture of the gazebo you were married in! I think adding some pics of your little dear would be perfect under sign above your couch and maybe if you can find two long photo frames that have three spots going vertically to hang on the outer edges of your arrangement.

Unknown said...

Your living room looks terrific.
Love the photos too.

Tanya said...

I love your living room! Especially the decorations above the couch and the sign above the front door!

Tanya :)
http://mussetter.blogspot.com