The Story Of Us

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Animal Kingdom

We've been to all of the other Disney parks before. And I generally like them all. (I much prefer Universal Studios because I LOVE rides, roller coasters especially!) But I must say, I did not care for Animal Kingdom. We got 4 free tickets to the park of our choice and we chose AK because we had never been there before. The park hours are from 9-5. We were told that on Fridays and Saturdays they do a "special after hours thing" and stay open until 8.

Anyway, we were running behind as usual that morning and poor Jaden woke up with a fever. So we had to run to Walmart to get some motrin. On the way to the park, he started throwing up, so we had to pull our caravan over on the side of the road to let him puke. Poor thing! He was a trooper! He started feeling better once we got there and had lunch. So we got into the park at 12, which was ok we thought, because we had until 8 that night to do everything....wrong! We found out that "special after hours thing" is only for Disney resort guests, aka not us! So we only had a few hours to cram everything in. I'm sure that tied in to my feelings of dislike for the Animal Kingdom!

{The tree of life, not real, but huge nonetheless!}

{mom & kole on the triceratops spin!}

{Presley LOVED it! She said "yay" the whole time! Ha ha!}
Our friend Karri had told us that it was a small park in comparison to the others, but geese, it didn't hardly have anything to do! I really think that they should charge admission prices based on height because there was nothing for Jaden and Kole to do. We rode one ride with them and Presley called the Triceratops spin, which was kind of like the flying Dumbo ride. Anyway, that was the only thing they got to do beside seeing The Lion King show. Well, we all got to go on the Safari which was a jeep ride through an "African plain" to see native animals, and that was really cool. Still, not enough to justify the ticket price for children....in my opinion. Jeremiah, my dad and I rode Everest, which is the only big coaster there. It was pretty fun. But I would have probably been more disappointed and frustrated if we had to pay for our tickets!

Ok sorry, I didn't really want this post to be all negative. I realize how blessed I am. We did have a good trip to Orlando...a great time a the T-Rex restaurant, a break away from work (!), and we were able to spend time with our family who we love dearly. That's all that matters anyway! Thanks Mom & Dad for letting us go with y'all! =)

I'll post the Safari pics separate because there's so many of them!

2 comments:

Keli said...

Sorry it wasn't fun. I love Animal Kingdon. haha! its probably my 2nd fave after magic kingdom of course!

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

I'm dying to make a trip there with JP! At least you have cute pics!