The Story Of Us

Sunday, November 14, 2010

lazy weekend

Whew! This weekend flew by! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only had 3 days off and I'm used to 4. But Saturday was glorious! We woke up with absolutely no plans in mind. The last time that happened was about 17 months ago! Ha! Jeremiah got up with Presley and he let me sleep in. He offers quite a bit to do this, but I feel so guilty because he always hurts so bad in the morning (he has rheumatoid arthritis) and has to wrestle with Presley 3 mornings out of the week anyway. But I decided to take him up on the offer and I think I finally got out of bed around 10.30! Again haven't done that but about twice in 17 months! We just bummed around, watched TV, & napped when Presley did. Glorious! We did go to my parents house and brought dinner over to them. We grilled hamburgers and I made the seriously awesome dip below.

It was so delish! It's just regular rotel dip with a spin. You add crumbled sausage and 1/2 a package of taco seasoning to a huge thing of velveeta and about 1 1/2 cans of rotel. Seriously awesome! =)

Today at church we had a "service on the lawn" to commemorate 27 years of saving lives! Kind of like a homecoming for you Baptist folks! They grilled hamburgers and hot dogs outside and had like 6 or 7 big bouncy things for the kids to play on. I was looking forward to seeing Jaden & Kole playing on them, but Presley had had enough after lunch. She was so hot and tired....so we just packed up and headed home. Where we all promptly napped again! (maybe that's why the weekend flew by! ha ha!) Of course no weekend would be complete without a trip to Walmart to get groceries. So that's what we did tonight. Not too terribly exciting but a pretty good weekend!

Here is a picture of Presley from last night. She was so cute in her glittery star shirt! But, I couldn't get a smile for anything!

0 comments: