The Story Of Us

Monday, November 8, 2010

Safari Ride

The Safari ride was pretty awesome at Animal Kingdom. You get on this big jeep thing and take a drive through the African plains! It's probably the closest I'll ever get to a real safari so I enjoyed it!

Here was the first view as you pull out from the pavilion where they pick you up.
This tree's trunk holds thousands of gallons of water. I can't remember what it's called.
I think this a gazelle, but I could be wrong! It's hard to keep track of all of them after a while!
The huge dirt pile in the next picture is actually a termite mound. They were scattered all throughout the safari and they were huge. The driver, I mean tour guide, said they are hard as rocks.
Longhorn cattle. Look at how close we were! That is Jeremiah's hand. The tour guide said that their horns aren't heavy at all. They are actually hollow except for blood vessels.
My favorite......a giraffe!
An elephant who was putting on some sunscreen....throwing dirt on its back. They can burn as easily as we can from the sun!
Young flamingos that are still mostly white. Apparently when they around 2 years old they have eaten enough shrimp to get their famous pink color.
A lion who was taking it easy in the shade!

1 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Can't believe how close you got! Great pics of the animals, the giraffe might be my favorite too!